04 September 2009

not empty

6x8 oil on canvas panel

I usually paint in solitude, and that suits me. But I had the opportunity to paint with friends, and I really enjoyed it. Exchanging ideas and sharing encouragement was uplifting. We will continue to paint together, then present our Paintings from the Patio at Elan Gallery, Sept. 25th.

I hadn't painted in three, count'em, three months. I returned to an old habit of scrubbing with thin paint. It's a habit which is hard to relinquish because I sometimes get happy moments of layered color that please me. Maybe I'm really a pastel or colored pencil artist, and just haven't discovered it yet.

7 comments:

Barbara Pask said...

Hi Dar, another painting and so soon, yea! It is so much fun painting with a group, I meet with a group once a week and love it. Doesn't look like you lost your touch in that long break, love the colors in your bowl.

Dar Presto said...

Thanks, Barb.
I have a feeling your group is a fun bunch! :)

Betker said...

stunning image, however you got it! glorious capture of that surface sheen.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Nice job on this, Dar! Keep up the good work.

Dar Presto said...

Welcome, Beth. Thank you.

Diana, thanks, I appreciate it.

Jala Pfaff said...

Love the colors and composition. Paint thin when you feel like it, thick when you feel like it, both in the same painting when you feel like it.

Dar Presto said...

I appreciate that, Jala. I will give myself permission to play with whatever works.